Welcome to the new look ELT.
Over the past 6 months we've been working on a ground up redevelopment of the platform. With this we've achieved several things:Easier to use
The platform was initially developed through the COVID19 pandemic by turning much loved and used physical training products created by RSVP Design
into online versions. As we did this the platform grew at a fast rate, in total over 10 activities/activity variants were added to the platform in the first 12 months. With this speed the usability of the site suffered so we went back to basics are redesigned the platform from the ground up with a focus on trainer usability.
The platform has a consistent design language across all screens.
- Tables are easily searchable, sortable and more performant
- Page headers are clear, consistent and provide the most pertinant information for the screen
- The flow for planning and running a session has been simplified with a consistent approach to editing session settings and managing session notes
- While ELT is designed primarily for desktop usage we've focused on improving mobile usability
- Improved typography
- Improved sign posting and more useful tooltips/hover states for interactive elements
- Consistent notification system
Better site performance
The ELT team have focused on platform performance so pages load faster. We've worked hard to achieve a Google PageSpeed score above 95 (out of 100) on mobile and desktop tests.
This means learners event with the shakiest internet connection should be able to load ELT sessions quickly and get straight into participating.Improved email performance
Something we've worked extremely hard to improve is our email deliverability and performance. We achieved this by moving to using the Postmark service
for sending invites and password reset emails.
We've also improved our end user experience by designing beautiful HTML email templates.What comes next
Over the coming weeks and months the team will be working hard to add new activities to the platform. As ever we would love to hear from you. We take our lead from our users, your feedback will be directly felt on the platform so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us with your product suggestions, feedback and successes.